October News Digest
Here is our October News Digest to help keep you well informed about current events and topics around the world and at Rosland Capital.
- Teenage metal detectorists discover two rare coins dating back one thousand years that will be auctioned separately. Read more about their discovery.
- The search for a lost hammer led to the discovery of Hoxne Hoard, the largest cache of treasure from the era of the Roman Empire ever discovered in Britain. Read more about this massive collection of gold and silver.
- In recent reports from Goldman Sachs, analysts suggest that it is a good time to buy silver again as silver benefits from global solar surge. Read more.
- A recently discovered World War ll shipwreck found off the coast of Poland may hold pieces of Russian treasure that was looted by the Nazis and lost since 1945. Learn more about the Amber room, one of the greatest treasures the Nazis looted during World War ll.
- A recently unearthed early medieval cemetery in Germany is home to a number of gravesites that contained artifacts like gold jewelry, weapons, and other precious items made from glass and precious metals. Read more about the riches discovered.
- The Royal Mint archive has mind-blowing photographs that give a rare look into its 1,100 year history. Read more into the history of the Royal Mint.
- 25 rare chinchillas sit atop 3.5 million ounces of extractable gold in Chile. Gold Fields, a South-African based gold mining company, is determined to find a way to protect the colony while developing the gold. Read more.
- The Fed’s framework was modified for the first time since its creation in 2012. Read more about how the Fed will now target an average inflation rate of 2%.
- Historians believe a 3,500-year-old bronze hand decorated with a gold cuff that was discovered in Switzerland may be the earliest known metal prosthetic. Read more about the hand that was crafted during the Bronze Age.
- A jeweler in Norwich, England launches a nationwide treasure hunt to find 49 rare silver coins that bear an image of his beloved spaniel. Read more about this treasure hunt.
- Gold is a relatively difficult precious metal to make on Earth, yet there is an extraordinary amount of gold in the universe. Read more about where this gold is coming from.
- The Federal Reserve’s new flexible average inflation targeting (FAIT) framework is expected to be good for gold in the long term. Read more about what may happen to gold under the Federal Reserve’s new monetary framework.
- With U.S stimulus expectations increasing, gold rose 1% on the market earlier this month, along with other precious metals like silver, platinum, and palladium. Read more.
- The “Ring of King Minos”. Read more about the discovery of the ring and all the events that followed the discovery.
- Archaeologists recently unearthed more than 3,500 artifacts made from gold, silver, and other precious metals in a grave of a Bronze Age warrior near the ancient Greek city of Pylos. Read more about the burial that provides vital clues to the origin of Greek civilization over 3,500 years ago.
- The Philadelphia Mint, the nation’s largest producer of coin currency, is working around the clock to compensate for the COVID-19 pandemic-caused coin shortage problem that turned quarters, nickels, and dimes into rare commodities. Read more.