April News Digest
Here is our April News Digest to help keep you well informed about current events and topics going on around the world and at Rosland Capital.
- A rare Roman coin minted in London thousands of years ago that was recently discovered has been donated to the British Museum. Read more.
- Forbes provides an analysis of the potential market growth for gold, silver, platinum and palladium in 2020. Read more.
- With COVID-19 pandemic possibly accelerating precious metal mining industries towards automation, learn more about the current automated mining space and some of their barriers.
- The 74th edition of the coin-collecting hobby’s annual Guide Book of United States Coins (popularly known as the “Red Book”) debuted on April 7, 2020. Read more about what the new volume will bring.
- Coin hoard treasure found hidden beneath a Catholic church in Eastern Slovakia. Read more about the treasure and history.
- New evidence found in soil, including the presence of metallic elements like platinum, has revealed that Abu Hureyra, a Paleolithic village in Syria, may have been destroyed by a comet. Read more.
- The Great American Coin Hunt is back but digital! Read more about how the event will take place this year.
- Rare 1,000 year old silver penny from the reign of Edward the Martyr was found in Isle of Wight. Read more.
- Royal Australian Mint release new Australian Paralympic coin in celebration of achievements and perseverance of the Australian Paralympic Team. Read more.
- 84 year old diver Jeb Robinson and his team look for rare coins in the wreckage of SS Benmacdui in the North Sea. Read more.
- U.S. Mint plant temporarily halts gold coin output because of the risk to employees from the coronavirus. Read more.
- Australia looks to make mining hand free with new laser scanning technology. Read more.
- With the rise in US demand for gold Australia has ramped up production to ease the supply squeeze. Read more.
- Aware of the difficulties brought on by COVID-19, Rosland Capital shows solidarity by providing medical workers with food during this time of need. Read more.